PCH’s commitment to enhancing consumer online trust is further demonstrated by carrying the seal of the TRUSTe Privacy Program.
TRUSTe, an independent organization, awards their privacy seals only to those companies whose program requirements pass their strict privacy audit and review.TRUSTe’s program requirements are based upon the Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Principles:
- Notice of how personal data is collected and used.
- Choice/Consent regarding uses of data.
- Access by individuals to their personal information so that it can be reviewed and corrected.
- Security to protect against unauthorized access, destruction, use, or disclosure of the data.
- Redress/Enforcement to ensure compliance.