Industry Commitment to Consumer Choice
As a proud member of the Data Marketing & Analytics (DMA) division within the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), Publishers Clearing House subscribes to the practices set forth in the DMA’s best practices for honoring consumer choice.
The choice commitment is a public assurance that participants like PCH will follow certain specific practices to address the preferences and concerns of consumers and policymakers. It also provides a pro-active approach to environmental and privacy issues.
Specifically, the commitment to consumer choice practices include:
- Providing existing and prospective customers with notice of an opportunity to modify future mail solicitations.
- Accepting and maintaining consumer requests to be on an in-house suppress file to stop receiving solicitations.
- Providing customers with annual notice of their ability to opt out of information exchanges. Providing notice of our own online privacy practices.
- Honoring customer opt-out requests not to have contact information transferred to others for marketing purposes.
- Upon request, disclosing the source from which we obtained personally identifiable data.
- Using the DMAchoice suppression files on a monthly basis.(www.dmachoice.org)
Feel free to the visit the consumer facing website at https://thedma.org/resources/consumer-resources/ to obtain additional information and resources to assist you.