Giving Back to the Community
You already know PCH makes a difference by giving away “Big Checks” to winners all across the country, but did you know that we give so much more?
Through charitable trusts created by our founders, more than 40% of the company profits benefit community organizations like the New York Botanical Garden, The Public Theater, Community Funds, The Joyce Theater Foundation, The Alzheimer's Disease And Related Disorders Association and The Macula Foundation, as well as many others.
And that's only the beginning…
Since 2011, PCH has conducted an annual social media charity event, “The Giveback,” involving fans nationwide to help spread awareness and support some of the most crucial issues faced in the world today including taking care of our troops, the ethical treatment of animals and of course, putting an end to childhood cancer. Most recently, in response to the interest expressed by our social media audience, PCH has focused efforts on donations to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®. The 2023 social media charitable giving campaign brought PCH's cumulative annual donations to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® to over $1,400,000.
Employees give back too, donating their time and effort through many local outreach activities.
- PCHers are tenured volunteers at The INN (The Interfaith Nutrition Network) in Hempstead, NY — serving lunch, sorting donated food and clothing and working in their free boutique.
- For Island Harvest, one of the largest hunger relief organizations on Long Island, NY, PCHers have prepared weekly non-perishable meal packets for veterans and immobile community members, and we have helped to maintain their local garden.
- Organizations that care for our parks, beaches and hiking trails have received support with clean-up activities.
- Our animal friends have been cared for by PCHers through activities at animal shelters and a local stable that provides horse therapy for the disabled community.
- The PCH Team has also coordinated many collection drives for gently used coats, books, non-perishable foods, and backpacks filled with school supplies – to name a few.
- PCHers also have also donated the gift of life through many blood drives.